The Sky-Lark UAV LiDAR System, a lightweight LiDAR surveying equipment developed by Surestar featuring a 70-degree vertical field of view, is the only LiDAR system that is specifically designed for small and light UAVs in the world.
Sky-Lark UAV LiDAR System integrates high precise light-small laser scanners, compact inertial measurement unit, micro camera, GNSS antenna and lithium battery. It’s a high integration, high precision, long range and lightweight system. The entire integrated system only has a weight of 7.2kg, when only carrying the power capacity of an hour workload. It can be placed on multi-rotary, oil powered helicopter, fixed wing and other flying platforms. The application of Sky-Lark Uav LiDAR system includes topographic surveying, riverine/coastal surveying, 3D modelling, and power lines inspection, etc.
Sky-Lark UAV LiDAR System uses AP-0300 laser scanner as its core, through a compact installation, rigid coupling compact inertial measurement unit uIMU-1024, Sony micro camera, GNSS antenna and a lithium battery group. The complete set of integrated Sky-Lark system is illustrated below:
Figure 1 Sky-Lark UAV LiDAR System
AP-0300 laser scanner scans following an elliptical trajectory, with a 70 ° x 40 ° field of view, max pulse frequency of 600,000 pts/sec, and max range of 500m.Sky-Lark UAV LiDAR system integrates a micro camera, capturing high-quality image data on the basis of laser point cloud during the flying.
4. Flight Platform
Sky-Lark UAV LiDAR integration system only weight 7.2kg, being appropriate for multi-rotor, oil moving helicopter, fixed wing, airship and other UAVs.
Figure 2 Multi-rotor
Figure 3 Oli Moving Helicopter
5. System Features
Sky-Lark UAV LiDAR System as the first domestic independently researched and developed unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) laser device, has the following features and advantages:
1) 70° x 40° elliptic scanning field of view. For 3D objects, it can capture the object’s sides; for dense vegetation areas, it can penetrate vegetation to scan the ground with different angles, increasing the ground points’ density.
Figure 5 Elliptic Trajectory
2) Sony micro camera. It can not only capture point cloud and image data simultaneously at one flight, but also collect the high precision exterior orientation elements for each image, using them for image registration in the later post-processing stage.
3) Modular integration design. It can ensure high overall system integration, yet allow for a flexible configuration according to the demand. If it’s not necessary to collect image data, the camera could be dispatched easily from the system, reducing the vehicle’s weight, extending working hours and ensuring the efficiency.
4) One key to start up. You can just power up the system in the field, and then the system will follow the pre-set configuration file to acquire data. In this way, it will optimize the operation steps and improve the working efficiency in the field.
5) Built-in pluggable USB. It’s a convenient design for the data storage, copy and management.
1）Power lines inspection
Because of its feature to provide 100% efficient point frequency with the same scan frequency, the point density of the Sky-Lark system is better than the similar imported product. With such high density, its point cloud could produce an objects’ 3d surface model, contributing to the development of the digital city and digital community.
Power lines Inspection
Open-pit Mine Surveying
Railway and Petrol Pipeline Monitoring